Things To Do in Boston
Whether you’re new to Boston or are a long-time resident, you’ll never run out of things to do, see, or learn in the place you call home. The New England city is rich in histories, cultures, and traditions waiting to be explored. If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed, stuck in a rut, or in search of a new perspective, here are a few excellent places to visit and things to do:
- Fenway Park. Boston’s historic Fenway Park is one of the few major league baseball stadiums in America still named for a local phenomenon (its location in a neighborhood called “The Fens”) rather than a corporation. You can take in the park and its famous “Green Monster” wall in left field by signing up for a tour or attending a Red Sox game.
- Museums. Boston is known for its wealth of world-class museums. Just a few include the Museum of Fine Arts, the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, the Museum of Science, and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Whatever your interests are, you’re sure to find one that is as inspiring as it is enlightening.
- Trails and tours. If you like to get to know a city by walking around it, give one of Boston’s many trails and walking tours a try. For history buffs, there’s the downtown Freedom Trail featuring American Revolution sites. For those who prefer nature walks, there’s Boston Harbor Islands State Park for outdoor recreation and Boston Public Garden for scenic strolls. If you love all things spooky or need a creative date idea, there are multiple ghost tour opportunities as well.
- Social events. If you’re interested in meeting new people, consider attending one of Boston’s many social events, such as organized happy hours, trivia nights, fundraisers, wine tastings, recreational sports tournaments, and more. You can encounter new people and support good causes when you attend nonprofit mixers. These are often announced on apps like EventBrite and MeetUp, and they make for experiences that are both fun and meaningful.
- Volunteering events. One of the best ways to live a fulfilling life and connect with your community is to attend a volunteering event. These are especially beneficial for people who are considering volunteering on a regular basis, but want to explore various nonprofits first. You can find nonprofits that match your interests on sites that advertise volunteer openings and see if they are hosting upcoming events. One of the most event-oriented of these is Boston Volunteer, whose events support multiple local causes.
Find Fun Things To Do With Boston Volunteer
Boston Volunteer works to make Boston and Massachusetts cleaner, safer, and better for everyone. We organize volunteer events and fundraisers that fill various local needs, from making education more equitable to improving the health and vitality of our environment. We partner with other nonprofit organizations and mobilize volunteers to ensure that all of our fellow Bostonians have the opportunities they need to succeed.